The FLoW $5,000 Transformational Idea Award
Win a Full Scholarship to Draper University
Not ready to start a business? Have great pre-commercial research
that needs exploring? Then apply to win the Transformational Idea Award.
What it covers: pre-commercial, applied research with large potential impact but in the conceptual phase of defining how it might make a business.
The Scholarship: A full scholarship for the winning team to attend Draper University's eight week entrepreneurial program.
Founded by venture capitalist Tim Draper, Draper University is an unconventional boarding school for young entrepreneurs from around the world. A cross between a school and a live-in accelerator, the program is designed to inspire creativity, innovation, leadership and teamwork.
The 8-week program culminates with students pitching their companies created under the guidance of mentors recruited for the university to Silicon Valley venture capitalists.
Apply: online at /apply.
Transformational idea teams are not required to prepare business plans.
Need Help? Consult our pool of 90+ mentoring experts offering advice in technology and business development, raising capital, and marketing identification. Students fill out a Mentor Request form on the FLoW website /need-a-mentor and FLoW will match teams with advisors after submissions close on February 10, 2013.
- Set up an account at the iStart website; answer only the Transformational Idea Award Questions.
- February 10, 2013: Submission Date
- January 28 - February 4: Round 1 Judging
- February 11-15, 2013: Mentors assigned
- February 15 - March 27: Prepare ten-slide presentation
- March 28 (SoCal), April 5 (NorCal): Present to TIA Judging Panels
- May 7, 2013: Finals presentation and exhibition at Regional Awards, USC
For more information please contact us.